Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The Ultimate Summer Project

My ultimate summer project has been decorating my guest bedroom. For the past week I've been working on transforming a dresser and hutch to perfectly fit the guest bedroom. The dresser and hutch originally belonged to mother. It was the dresser she used when she was a teenager. My parents also used it when they were first married. When I turned 10 years old, my parents gave the bedroom set to me. As you can see it has some great history. Anyways, here's what it looked like before the transformation . . .

The dresser (minus a handle)

Another angle

The hutch

Another angle

After a lot of sanding, painting, more painting, a little distressing, and a little mod podge-ing, it now looks like this . . .

The dresser and hutch (minus the hardware).

Another angle

The dresser

The hutch

Close-up details

8 comments:

Marlene Maag said...

Wow nice job. I am moving into my first house want to help me with my projects?

Erin said...

I love it!! That really turned out great! That would really look good in my girls room - maybe I need a summer project.

Jackie George said...

Well Ms Mandy you are soo creative !!

Ruth said...

Great Job! After hearing all about it is nice to actually see it! I think it turned out just how you wanted it.

trishanna said...

to cute!im impressed!

Green Nerd said...

You did an awesome job and I can't wait to come and see the real thing! By the way, I love the color choice.

Valery G. said...

I love the color! Great work;o)

Stephensen Celebrations said...

Cute! You are so talented! I sure wish I had and eye for that kind of thing. Bytheway, Emma is not always happy. She hates bedtime and cries about it. She also is quite upset at church when she can't just crawl about. I will have to find some crying pictures.