Saturday, December 29, 2007
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Jared playing guitar - look at that rock-n-roll face.
Singing - Jared, Charlotte, Tim, & Lesli.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Adam, Megan, Me, & Louis
Jackie, Kyle, & Amanda
The Traditional Staircase Shot
Zackie showing us how a choo-choo goes
(His arms are the train wheels)
Zack opening presents
Sunday, December 23, 2007
VH1 recently aired, "100 Greatest Songs of the 90s." I loved it. As someone who LOVES musics and who spent my middle school, high school, and college years in the 90s, it was very nostalgic. I agreed with a lot of VH1's choices, but I felt that they left off a few songs (I was shocked they didn't include any Blink 182, Dave Matthews Band, or Nine Inch Nails!!) and I would have slightly rearranged the order. Here are my 20 most memorable songs from the 90s:
- Pearl Jam "Jeremy" (#11 on VH1's list)
- Blink 182 "All the Small Things" (not included on VH1's list)
- Dave Matthews Band "Crash Into Me" (not included on VH1's list)
- Nine Inch Nails "Closer" (not included on VH1's list)
- Live "Lightening Crashes" (not included on VH1's list, although "I Alone" is #62)
- Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit (#1 on VH1's list)
- Weezer "Undone-The Sweater Song" (not included on VH1's list, although "Buddy Holly" is #59)
- Bare Naked Ladies "One Week" (#72 on VH1's list)
- Bush "Glycerine" (not included on VH1's list)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers "Under the Bridge" (#15 on VH1's list)
- Oasis "Wonderwall" (#35 on VH1's list)
- Limp Bizkit "Nookie" (not included on VH1's list)
- Korn "Shoots and Ladders" (not included on the VH1's list, although "Freak on a Leash" is #69)
- Radiohead "Fake Plastic Trees" (not included on VH1's list, although "Creep" is #31)
- R.E.M. "Losing my Religion" (#9 on VH1's list)
- Will Smith "Miami" (not included on VH1's list, although "Gettin Jiggy Wit It" is #68)
- The Presidents of the United States of America "Peaches" (#64 on VH1's list)
- Jesus Jones "Right Here, Right Now" (not included on VH1's list)
- EMF "Unbelievable" (#98 on VH1's list)
- Counting Crows "Mr. Jones" (#27 on VH1's list)
Here is VH1's list:
- Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
- U2 "One"
- Backstreet Boys "I Want It That Way"
- Whitney Houston "I Will Always Love You"
- Madonna "Vogue"
- Sir Mix-A-Lot "Baby Got Back"
- Britney Spears "...Baby One More Time"
- R.E.M. "Losing My Religion"
- Sinéad O'Connor "Nothing Compares 2 U"
- Pearl Jam "Jeremy"
- Alanis Morissette "You Oughta Know"
- Dr. Dre (featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg) "Nuthin' but a "G" Thang"
- Mariah Carey "Vision of Love"
- Red Hot Chili Peppers "Under the Bridge"
- MC Hammer "U Can't Touch This"
- Destiny's Child "Say My Name"
- Metallica "Enter Sandman"
- Beastie Boys "Sabotage"
- Hanson "MMMBop"
- Celine Dion "My Heart Will Go On"
- Beck "Loser"
- Salt-N-Pepa with En Vogue "Whatta Man"
- House of Pain "Jump Around"
- Soundgarden "Black Hole Sun"
- Eminem "My Name Is"
- Counting Crows "Mr. Jones"
- Ricky Martin "Livin' la Vida Loca"
- Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice Baby"
- *NSYNC "Tearin' Up My Heart"
- Radiohead "Creep"
- BLACKstreet "No Diggity"
- Spice Girls "Wannabe"
- Third Eye Blind "Semi-Charmed Life"
- Oasis "Wonderwall"
- C+C Music Factory "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)"
- Green Day "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"
- Christina Aguilera "Genie In A Bottle"
- Goo Goo Dolls "Iris"
- Color Me Badd "I Wanna Sex You Up"
- Spin Doctors "Two Princes"
- Collective Soul "Shine"
- En Vogue "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)"
- The Fugees "Killing Me Softly With His Song"
- Hootie & the Blowfish "Only Wanna Be With You"
- Shania Twain "You're Still the One"
- Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch "Good Vibrations"
- Matchbox Twenty "3 AM"
- Jewel "Who Will Save Your Soul"
- Alice in Chains "Man in the Box"
- Tupac (featuring Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman) "California Love"
- Sugar Ray "Fly"
- Naughty by Nature "O.P.P."
- Joan Osborne "One of Us"
- Fiona Apple "Criminal"
- L.L. Cool J "Mama Said Knock You Out"
- Jay-Z featuring Amil and Ja Rule "Can I Get A..."
- Sophie B. Hawkins "Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover"
- Weezer "Buddy Holly"
- Bell Biv DeVoe "Poison"
- Sheryl Crow "All I Wanna Do"
- Live "I Alone"
- The Notorious B.I.G. featuring Mase & Puff Daddy "Mo Money Mo Problems"
- The Presidents of the United States of America "Peaches"
- Digital Underground "The Humpty Dance"
- Edwin McCain "I'll Be"
- Deee-Lite "Groove Is In The Heart"
- Will Smith "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It"
- Korn "Freak on a Leash"
- Jamiroquai "Virtual Insanity"
- Arrested Development "Tennessee"
- Barenaked Ladies "One Week"
- Marcy Playground "Sex and Candy"
- Cher "Believe"
- Kris Kross "Jump"
- Blues Traveler "Run-Around"
- Ice Cube "It Was a Good Day"
- Lenny Kravitz "Are You Gonna Go My Way"
- Meredith Brooks "Bitch"
- Right Said Fred "I'm Too Sexy"
- Paula Cole "I Don't Want to Wait"
- Geto Boys "Mind Playing Tricks on Me"
- The Breeders "Cannonball"
- Snow "Informer"
- Cypress Hill "Insane In The Brain"
- The Cranberries "Linger"
- Billy Ray Cyrus "Achy Breaky Heart"
- Duncan Sheik "Barely Breathing"
- Liz Phair "Never Said"
- New Radicals "You Get What You Give"
- Sarah McLachlan "Building a Mystery"
- Public Enemy "911 Is A Joke"
- Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories "Stay"
- Fastball "The Way"
- Montell Jordan "This is How We Do It"
- Nelson "(Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection"
- Prince & The New Power Generation "Gett Off"
- Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott "The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)"
- Gerardo "Rico Suave"
Saturday, December 22, 2007
|Powered by eSnips.com|
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Val & Sum Val & Meggie
Sunday, December 16, 2007
- A couple of weeks ago Jeanine was saying how excited she was about Christmas this year because Zack's old enough to know what it's all about. At that, Lesli said, "Zack, is Christmas about the baby Jesus?" He looked at her like she had gone crazy and said, "No. Santa Claus."
- Jeanine's been telling Zack that at Christmas we give presents to others to show them how much we love them. She then asked, "Why do you give presents at Christmas?" He replied, "I don't. I just get them."
- We were again talking about Christmas and the baby Jesus with Zack when my mom picked up a piece from her nativity scene and asked, "Zack, who's this?" I looked at the piece she'd picked up and saw that it was a snowman in a manger - that's right the baby Jesus snowman. Apparently all the nativity members in this particular nativity are snowman. My mom answered her own question saying, "It's baby Jesus." I burst out laughing. I don't remember the baby Jesus having a carrot for a nose. No wonder the kid has no idea what we're talking about!!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
I'm thinking of changing my profile picture to the one posted above. I really like my profile picture now, but it's almost a year old so I thought I should change it.
The above picture was taken at my Ward Christmas Party. I'm wearing Big S Glasses and plastic handcuffs. Those are the items I received during the gift exchange - can you think of a more appropriate gift for a Ward Christmas Party than plastic handcuffs? I think not.
Anyway, what do you think of the picture? Should I change it to my profile picture?
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Things are looking up. I feel better today. I was able to walk up the stairs without collapsing like an asthmatic when I reached the top. I even did a load of laundry - and a little blogging. I'm planning on going to work tomorrow. I hope I can handle it. My worst fear is that it sucks up all my energy and I won't be able to make it to Katrina's Christmas party. Pray for me.
Thursday, December 06, 2007
It was a perfect gift. Everyone knows I love games.
Plus, the bow (in my hair).
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
I don't think I want to live in a world where season finales occur the first week of December. That's right - season finales during December!! Last week I saw an NBC advertisement announcing that the Hero's season finale would air on December 3rd (That is if the strike continues. If it ends, they will make more episodes).
I'm hoping for a miracle. Luckily, it's the Christmas season and miracles have been know to happen.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Taken from the stairs. I love the Christmas bough and awesome ornaments.
I never thought I was a very materialistic person, but I love my house and since some of my faithful readers live out of state, I thought this would be the perfect time to show more pictures of my house.
Three years ago when I first started looking for a house, I wanted to buy an older 1940s/1950s home in Midvale, Utah. The problem was I wanted a master bedroom with a large bathroom and walk-in closet. They just didn't make those in the 40s and 50s so I had to settle for my home in Riverton.