Monday, November 08, 2010

Day Dreamer or Liar

Yesterday when Jeanine and her family came over for dinner, Mitch was wearing sunglasses. My mom noticed them and asked Mitch about them. The conversation went a little like this:

My Mom: Mitch, it's dark outside. Why are you wearing sunglasses?

Mitch: 'Cause we went to the beach today.

My Mom: You went to the beach today? (said with surprise and raised eyebrows).

Mitch: Yeah. And a crab bit my toe!!

He then pointed at his toe, became distracted by toys, and ran into the toy room. My mom and I looked at each other and laughed. Later on at dinner, I thought I'd bring the topic up again. This time, the conversation went a little like this:

Me: Mitch, did you go anywhere fun today? Like the Beach?

Mitch: Yeah, I went to the beach and a crab bit my toe.

Me: A crab bit your toe? Were you swimming in the water?

Mitch: No, I was just looking for sea shells and I found one this big. (stretches his hands as wide as they go).

So you decide, Day Dreamer or Liar?

No comments: