Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Home Decor

I recently put these up in my bedroom. I bought the fabric-covered memo board about a year ago, but didn't quite know how I wanted to hang it or what I wanted to hang with it. I finally decided to add ribbon to the top corners and hang it from a decorative hook. The entire project cost me 12 dollars: 8 dollars for the memo board, 1 dollar for the extra ribbon, and 3 dollars for the decorative hook. I decided to pair it with this wall hanging, which I made. Yep, that's right - I made it. It was super easy. It's just four coasters and some ribbon. I glued the coasters directly from the ribbon and tied a bow on top. This project cost a total of 10 dollars: 8 dollars for the coasters and 2 dollars for the ribbon. Not bad, huh?

At a distance

I also put this shelf up in my bathroom. I've had the shelf for three years. My fabulous hairdresser, Dean, gave it to me as a house-warming present. I knew I wanted to hang it in my bathroom, but I hadn't done it yet because I kept thinking I was going to paint my bathroom. I finally just decided to put it up. I had the ceramic shoe in my bedroom, but decided it would look better here. I recently bought these picture frames from Gardner Village. I think they look great on the shelf, but they'd look great anywhere. Aren't they fantastic?!

At a distance.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Crafty...they look great!

Jenn J. said...

I'm kind of a home decor nut, so seeing anyone's ideas on home design makes me giddy. Thanks for sharing. I love it all. Especially the frames. I'm in love. Gardner Village, here I come.