Friday, February 12, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians


Tonight I went to see the movie, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. It's based off of the book, The Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan. I'm currently reading this book with my 7th grade students. I also read it with my students last year - to read a little about that, click HERE. Anyway, both years my students have LOVED reading the book and learning more about Greek Mythology. We've been so excited to see the movie. It's all we've been talking about this week in class. I surveyed my students, asking them if they planned on seeing the movie, and about 80% said they planned on seeing it.

I love the book, and really enjoyed the movie, even though they are SO different. I'm way excited to see what my students have to say about the movie, although I know I'm going to hear A LOT about how the movie "got it wrong." They've already mentioned a few things they noticed from the movie trailer. Anyways, I strongly recommend reading the book and recommend seeing the movie - although if you were only going to choose one, go for the book (of course, a reading teacher would say that, right?)

No comments: