Monday, December 18, 2006

Holiday Survey


I received this Holiday Survey and decided to share my answers with all of you. Enjoy!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I love hot chocolate almost as much as I despise Egg Nog. I love Stephen's White Hot Chocolate or the plain Milk Chocolate with a huge dallop of whipping cream.



2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When I was younger Santa did not wrap them, but set them in a pile. When I got older, my mom (uh, I mean, Santa) started wrapping them. I have no idea what brought about the change.


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights, definately!!


4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I probably would if I had any. I've just never bought any.


5. When do you put your decorations up? When I lived with my parents they would do it whenever they got to it - sometimes waiting until the week before Christmas, but since I moved into my own house, I've started decorating the day after Thanksgiving. I figure if you're going to go through all the work to put everything up, you may as well enjoy it as much as possible.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My Grandma George makes a killer stuffing. All homemade.


7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Waiting for Christmas morning to come. I could never sleep on Christmas Eve and I'd anxiously wait in my bed for morning to come.


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm not quite sure. I don't ever remember believing in him, although I'm sure as a child, I did.


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. It is a family tradition to open our presents from our parents on Christmas Eve. They are always Christmas pajamas.


10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? This is the first year I've had my own Christmas tree and I decorated it with ornaments my mother and my Grandma George have given me throughout the years. My grandma has made me a homemade ornament ever year since I was born. When I was younger I thought it was kind of dumb, but now I love it!! It makes my tree very special.


11. Can you ice skate? Absolutely Not!!


12. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't know if I have a favorite gift, but I have some memorable ones - my giganitc barbie house, a television, my full-length mirror, and last year I received a vacuum. I love the vacuum.


13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The spirit of charity and kindness; seeing family and friends; no school; and of course, reflecting on the Savior, Jesus Christ.


14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My Grandma George's banana cream pie.


15. What are your favorite holiday traditions? Grandma Ault's Christmas Party, my parent's Christmas Eve party, matching Christmas pajamas, and most of all the family picture we take every year - my brothers and I (plus, now Megan) sit on my parent's staircase in our pajamas and get our pictures taken.


16. What tops your tree? Nothing, but I saw an awesome silver star at Target I want to buy.


17. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Both. Of course I love getting presents, but I'm also a pretty good bargain shopper so I enjoy that as well.


18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, based on the poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.


19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Love the first one of the season. Hate the last one.


20. What do you want most for Christmas this year? A new digial camera or an I-Pod.


No comments: