Sunday, December 17, 2006

These Are a Few of My Favortie Things


With the Christmas Season comes a bombardment of holiday songs. Once such song is "My Favorite Things." You may recall this holiday favorite from Rodgers and Hammerstein's musical, "The Sound of Music." Because of this song, I have been reflecting upon my favorite things and I thought I'd share a few. (Please keep in mind these are in no particular order).
  • Cell phones and text messaging
  • British accents
  • J.M.W. Turner
  • Teaching kids how to read (There's nothing better)
  • The words: fabulous, fantastic, and brilliant
  • Maeve Binchy novels
  • Black licorice
  • Christmas lights
  • DVR
  • Honey-baked ham
  • My bed and fluffy duvet
  • TLC's Miami Ink
  • Being called, "Little One," by my mom
  • Carbs, especially soup bowls
  • Television
  • Cold Stone's Cake Batter Icecream
  • The Muppet's Christmas Carol

I'd love to hear what tops your favorite things list.

6 comments:

Mandalynn said...

Kyle,
It doesn't surprise me that you hate so many things on my list. You are one of the most pessimistic people I know. I'm sure your list is very small, consisting of video games, boxing, and boring your friends with medical knowledge. Plus, of course you are one of my favorite things, but I was trying to keep my list somewhat trivial.

Camie said...

Black Licorice? Gross! Here is my list, not in any particular order.

1. Your Blog.
2. itunes.
3. Hair extensions.
4. The internet.
5. Silence in the middle of the night.
6. Bon Jovi.
7. Pessimists.
8. A job you don't have to be "on time" for.
9. Good Friends.
10. Bad Friends.
11. Dancing.
12. Lip Gloss.

Mandalynn said...

Lip Gloss!! How could I have forgotten lip gloss. Of course that has to top some of my favorite things. Plus, Camie, I hope I'm considered one of your good friends, not the bad ones.

Camie said...

I only have one bad friend and it's not you!

T.J. said...

Hmm, let's see...

The Chicago Bears
Mormon culture
Guns
Politics
Theology
The History of Russia
Baseball
Movies
Wilco
All of the George's
Blogging
Sportscenter
George W. Bush
Dave Chappelle
Kyle's boring medical knowledge
Video games

...you Mandy.

Sansego said...

What tops my list?

U2, U2, U2, U2, U2, U2...

Bono is God!

Oh...I also think Nancy Pelosi is rad and so is Barack Obama!

Nicholas