Saturday, December 09, 2006

Norge

Today I saw something I had long forgot. As I pulled up next to the curb in front of my parent's house, I looked at the mailbox and saw the word, "Norge." For a split second, I was confused. Then, a smile came to my face and I laughed out loud. All because of one, single word - Norge. Now, some of you may be asking, "What is a norge?" Now that's a very good question.

Some would answer that it is a reference to the country, Norway.


Others may say say it is a brand of refrigerators popular in the 1930s.


A few may even say it is a type of motorcycle, the Moto Guzzi Norge.


However, for all of you who spent time with my brother, Kyle, and I at my parent's house during high school, you know the truth. What is the truth? Well, the norge is part of the human anatomy. More specifically, the section right above the ass crack and below the lower back. That section of the body that low riding pants seems to easily expose.

And how did it end up on my parent's mailbox? I think they have Shawn to thank (although, I may be mistaken). Regardless of who it was, thank you for giving me a laugh and a few memories.

7 comments:

Camie said...

I can't believe you forgot about the norge, I refer to it on a daily basis. I expected to see a photo of an actual norge on your post. Remember the time Jana burned her norge?

Mandalynn said...

No, I don't remember that. Oh wait, do you mean by the sun. I was picturing her close to a flame of some sorts.

Ruth said...

Dudes, I also refer to the norge almost daily. Mandy, I'm dissappointed in you....

Camie said...

Ruth, I love it when you call us dudes.

Mandalynn said...

Without you two around, it slowly disappeared from my vocabulary. I will begin to intergrate it right away!!

The Dilley's said...

Mandy this is Camie's long lost little Sis. So I first visited Camie's blog and ventured to Ruthie's and now yours...I'm having a great time @ work. Anyway I had to comment on the Norge...even I remember the "Norge" and refer to it quite often! I never really knew where the name came from until today! Goodtimes. It was fun visiting your blog, happy holidays!

Mandalynn said...

Megan,
I'm so glad you commented on my blog. It's amazing that the word Norge has become so widley used through the grapevine.