Thursday, April 12, 2007

As I Search the Holy Scriptures

Yesterday, as I was reading the Book of Mormon, I came across these verses (Helaman 3:27-30). I've probably read them a dozen times, but they really stood out to me last night so I thought I'd share them.

"Thus we may see that the Lord is merciful unto all who will, in the sincerity of their hearts, call upon his holy name. Yea, thus we see that the gate of heaven is open unto all, even to those who will believe on the name of Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God. Yea, we see that whosoever will may lay hold upon the word of God, which is quick and powerful, which shall divide asunder all the cunning and the snares and the wiles of the devil, and lead the man of Christ in a strait and narrow course across that everlasting gulf of misery which is prepared to engulf the wicked. And land their souls, yea, their immortal souls, at the right hand of God in the kingdom of heaven, to sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and with Jacob, and with all our holy fathers, to go no more out."

To read more, click HERE.

1 comment:

Lesli Joe said...

Thank you for sharing Mandy.

It is good to be reminded that we can actually make it back to live with God. Too often I, and I assume other people, focus too much on all the bad things we do or how imperfect we are, but that if we have a sincere heart and call upon God we can recieve his gospel and sit "at the right hand of God in the kingdom of heaven."