Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sick of Being Sick

So, I've been sick for the past 5 days. Not just a cold, but sick like I thought I was going to die. I pretty much have stayed in my bed since Friday night. The horrible thing is I really haven't been able to get more than 1 hour of sleep at a time because I've been waking up in pain. I've even had to call in sick for the past two days. Now, for those who know me, calling in sick is something I do all the time. However, I'm usually not sick when I do it. I firmly believe one should go to work when one is sick and save all one's sick days for playing.

Things are looking up. I feel better today. I was able to walk up the stairs without collapsing like an asthmatic when I reached the top. I even did a load of laundry - and a little blogging. I'm planning on going to work tomorrow. I hope I can handle it. My worst fear is that it sucks up all my energy and I won't be able to make it to Katrina's Christmas party. Pray for me.

2 comments:

jethrojones said...

Mandy, that is so sad. I hate being sick. Make sure you are better for Friday and find a way to make it down to the main office 'cause we are bringing my daughter in to visit. She is really cute, and you won't want to miss that. Get better!

Tammy said...

I hope you are feeling better. How did going back to work go for you?