Sunday, January 20, 2008

Manly Movies vs. Chick Flicks

This weekend I saw two movies - Cloverfield (manly movie) and 27 Dresses (chick flick). I actually enjoyed both of them, but which one would be victorious? Which one will receive my recommendation? The winner is - the manly movie. That's right, Cloverfield. It was an exciting, surprisinly funny, movie. I was kind of nervous because I knew it was filmed with a hand-held camera, similar to The Blair Witch Project. But, no need to be nervous. It wasn't annoying nor did it give me motion sickness. Not only that, but it actually had a story and characters you care about - at least I did. So, there you go. If you're trying to decide between the manly movie and the chick flick, definitley go with the manly movie.

As a side note, I'd like to thank all my manly (Kevin & Kyle) and chick (Alina, Lesli, Christi, & Larissa) friends for enjoying the movies with me.
Cloverfield

27 Dresses

3 comments:

Sansego said...

What if you don't like either "manly movies" or "chick flicks"? I'm one of those types! I don't like the brainless action films or the sappy sentimentalism. I just like good stories, good acting, with a dose of inspiration or something that makes me think. What category would that be?

Anonymous said...

since when are Kevin and Kyle manly?! tee hee

Tammy said...

I am going to have to get out the manly movie. I think Josh will like it. I will have to let you know what we think.