Monday, September 22, 2008

A Taste of the Caribbean

I had a fantastic time on my Caribbean Cruise. I went with 15 members of my family and was gone for 9 days. We visited several different islands - Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Martin, St. Thomas, St. John, and Puerto Rico. It was loads of fun. Here are a few of my favorite things said on the cruise:
  • Dougie: "I'm an idiot - I forgot my swimsuit."
  • Adam: "I think it's time for a cerveza, or three."
  • Tour guide: "Welcome to Antigua." Kyle responds, "Do you eat mongoose on this island?"
And here are a few pics:

Megan & Mom in the Puerto Rican Rain Forest

Me eating the local food in Puerto Rico.

Louie & Me on top of El Morro Fort in San Juan.

More of El Morro Fort.

Me in the St. Lucia Rain Forest.
I was on a tram in the top of the rain forest's canopy.

Church in Antigua - the church was 360 years old.

Me at a local fruit stand in Antigua.
This mango was the best thing I ate on the whole trip!!

Kyle, Megan, Adam, & Me in Antigua.

Ronnie, Louie, & Adam at Jolly Beach in Antigua.

Adam with his rum punch on the catamaran (St. Martin)

Louie & Me sailing on the catamaran.

Kyle & Meg at the Get Wet Beach Bar in St. Martin.

Me overlooking the bay on St. John's island.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I seriously wish I could go on even one or two of your fabulous trips! It sounds amazing. I am totally jealous! Hope you soaked up a few rays for me!

Lesli Joe said...

Look at that tan! I'm jealous!

Green Nerd said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I hope your dad is ok :) Now that you have gone on this trip together as a family, I'm sure his health will greatly improve. Good thing you got those days off!! I am jealous and hope to one day be able to experience a bit of the carribean myself. Let's play soon...before I leave on MY trip!

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Hey i also found a cool travel site that i think you guys will like, baraaza.com

Tammy said...

What a great trip. I love all the pictures. You have the best family. I think so much of all of you! I am glas that you had a great time. These pictures make me want to go aon a cruise!