Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back to School

So, I'm back at school and loving every second of it. This year is my first year teaching regular ed students. Now, don't get me wrong - these kids still have some problems, but they are so much better than the students I have taught over the past 8 years. This year I'm teaching 7th grade reading. It's the only thing I teach all day which means I only have to plan for 45 minutes a day, then teach the same lesson 6 different times. It's a little monotonous, but it makes my life so much easier!! Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I love teaching kids to become better readers - can you imagine a better job? I can't!!

1 comment:

Sara J Low said...

Mandy- you are very lucky! I wish I had your job! Well, teaching them how to read probably wouldn't be my specialty, but I know YOU'RE very good at it! I'm sure they just love you! After our little talk a few nights ago, I am more determined than ever to finish school and do what we discussed! You defiantly inspire me!
Thank you for being so good at what you do!

AND, I have to laugh about the marathon training comment on my blog... I just read your post on TV shows, it made me laugh. I most likely will be doing the exact same thing, I have so many shows I'm looking forward to... I just have to convince myself that I'm an athlete or I will turn even softer... (Ya, really it's just a big joke!)

I sure love ya!