Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ms. George . . . Can You Help Us?

Yesterday between 3rd and 4th period I was sitting at my desk when a student came into my classroom. "Ms. George, can you help us?" she asked. "Yes, what do you need help with?" I replied. "Well," she began, "Jasmin is stuck in her locker and we can't get her out."

Seriously?

So I walk out into the hall and she's right. Jasmin had steped into her own locker, and shut the door. Unfortunately, it didn't shut properly (I wonder why) and now the door was stuck. After a few minutes, I was able to open it and get her out. Upon doing so I asked, "Jasmin, why would you do that?" She replied, "I wanted to see if I could fit." Then her friend (Angie) replies, "I know I could totally fit." Yea - guess what happened between 4th and 5th period: "Ms. George, can you help us? Now Angie's stuck in her locker."

Why?! WHY!?!

6 comments:

Lalis said...

This is hysterical!! It sort of reminds me about the time that my friends and I got locked in a bathroom in the 5th grade... haha!!!

Anonymous said...

Kids are hilarious--I agree with you there. Today I told my kids they had to keep a secret: My great uncle is Willy Wonka and he needs us to package caramels for his factory...(to teach base ten models: 10 in a package)
Later that day one of my students refused to work and when I asked her why she began sobbing. She said she felt too bad to work. I asked her why and she said that it was because she accidentally told the janitor about the secret identity of my great uncle. Ha!
Ariel

Sansego said...

Hey, I did that in the 7th grade! I actually fit inside a locker. But I didn't close the door. I wasn't that dumb!

Emily said...

Don't these kids know that the trick to getting out of the locker is to do the combination first, hold up the lock, then get inside? That worked for me once.

Tammy said...

How funny....I never thought of doinh these things...the things kids come up with and then repeat!

Sara J Low said...

Miss Mandy- I love your stories! You're blog is one of my favorites to read! I can only imagine these kids at school, scared to death, asking for help. I only wish I could add that to my list of crazy things I've done!

I'm so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time on your Caribbean Cruise! What a fun adventure! You do so many cool things!!!

I hope your day at work is fun and exciting!

Sara