Saturday, September 05, 2009

Update

I haven't been very good at updating my blog this summer. I've had a few people bug me about this so I thought I'd do a little update . . .
  • Summer was great. I went to Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Lava Hot Springs, and Boise. I also went camping (something I usually HATE, but I had a good time). This summer wasn't as full as my summers of the past . . . which was nice. I was able to stay home and watch my brand new TV and get a lot done around my house.
  • Summer's over and I'm back to work. This is my 10th year at my school. Can you believe it? An entire decade in one place. Crazy. I'm having a really hard time learning names this year. I don't know if it's because I'm getting old or because I'm totally unmotivated to learn them. I figure, I'll learn them eventually.
  • Holy Hell, it's been hot. My building doesn't have air conditioning which makes my 8 hours of work miserable. That's all I really have to say about that.
  • My Grandma and Grandpa Ault are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary on Monday. My mother is throwing a little party (okay, it's not so little) next weekend and I've been helping her. It will be nice to see our family come together to honor our grandparents.
  • TV. This summer my TV watching has been filled with various HGTV shows and previous seasons of The Big Bang Theory. I've always loved HGTV, but my love for The Big Bang Theory is new. Very funny show.
  • More TV. New TV shows start next week. I'm super stoked. A whole post will be dedicated to this in the upcoming weeks.
  • Church. I was skeptical, but I really like teaching in Young Womens. I thought it would be hard to be with teenagers all week at work and then more of them on the weekends, but it's not been bad.
  • The Gangrene Film Festival. Last night I went to the Gangrene Film Festival to see some short films. It was a really nice evening (it's outside) and it was fun to be with some old friends and watch some funny films.
All right, that's about it.

1 comment:

Sansego said...

My digital converter box doesn't work very well, so I never know if I'll get a signal when I turn on the TV or not. This means I can't rely on the ability to watch "Brothers and Sisters" or "The Charlie Rose Show"...the only two I care to watch.

So, instead of getting mad about it or signing up for cable or buying a digital TV, I guess I'll be reading and writing more during the evenings. Not a bad thing.