Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Glee: Original Song

Season 2, Episode 16: Original Song (March 15, 2011)

Best Funny Moment:
I loved all the original songs that didn't make it into regionals. I loved Puck's "Big Ass Heart" and Mercedes "Hell to the No," but my favorite has to go to Santana's original song, "Trouty Mouth." I loved it so much. Over the past several episodes, I've loved all of Santana's hilarious jabs at Sam over his overly large mouth so this song was definitely my favorite funny moment of the episode. Watch it and Enjoy:



Best Serious Moment(s):
Everyone wins - Blaine and Kurt lose at regionals, but finally hook up. I loved Blaine's confession when he finally states, “Kurt, there’s a moment when you say to yourself, ‘Oh, there you are. I’ve been looking for you forever. You move me, Kurt. And this duet would just be an excuse to spend more time with you.” Loved the openness.

And finally, New Directions win regionals!! I've had the CD containing the original songs for the past week and liked them okay, but seeing them in the context of the episode, endeared them to me. They were a little Rachel-heavy, but there's no arguing, she's got talent.
Best Song:
As I mentioned, I loved all of the kids' original songs, but this week's best performance goes to Kurt's rendition of Blackbird. This has always been one of my favorite Beatles' songs and I loved hearing it as Kurt honored the Warblers' beloved bird, Pavarotti.
Favorite Quotes:
Quinn: Prom queens live, on average, 5 years longer than regular people.

Santana: You blew me off to be with Stubbles McCripple Pants.

Sue: If it isn't Dweedle-Dumb and Dweedle-Fake Boobs.

Santana: Mr. Shue, I wrote another verse of Trouty Mouth.

Sister Mary Constance: That Dalton Academy, is it a gay school or is it just a school that appears gay?
Favorite Dialogue:
Blaine: I think Pavarotti would roll over in his tiny, tiny grave.
Kurt: The placement of which has yet to be determined.

Sam: Wait, what's it called?
Mike: Trouty Mouth
Schue: What’s your favorite song of all time?
Brittany: My Headband.
Santana: Alanis Morissette's You've Ought to Know.
Puck: What's Going On - Marvin Gaye.
Lauren: Puckerman, you're on a roll.
Schue: Okay, and what are all those songs about?
Brittany: Headbands.

No comments: