Monday, October 23, 2006

My First Anniversary

This weekend (October 21st), I celebrated my first anniversary. A year ago, I closed on my house. An entire year married to my mortgage (okay, mortgages - I'm a bit of a polygamist). I was going to include pictures, but since I lost my camera in the move, I haven't taken any. And since I now have to pay on my mortgages, I can't afford a new camera. (Side note: Alina took pictures at The Office Party so you can see some of the house). Since moving in, I've had to repair two showers, multiple dry walling sections, my oven, and my disposal. I have also done a few home improvements, including getting soft water - (best two grand I've ever spent) and getting Dish Network (oh, I love the DVR). I've also done a little yard work where I brought my grass back to life. It was totally dead at the beginning of the summer, but now it looks really good. I've been pretty busy, but there are a few things I have failed to do. I still haven't put a light bulb in my garage door so ever time I open the garage, it's pitch black. Something simple, but I still haven't done it. I also need to get someone to come look at my smoke detectors. I replaced the batteries, but they won't work. I'm just hoping I don't have to need them.

6 comments:

T.J. said...

Happy Anniversery. I'll look at your smoke detectors, but I don't know what I'm looking for...

Mandalynn said...

Yes, finally a man I don't have to pay to help me with home repairs. Plus, I love your new picture; although, I do miss Mr. T.

Camie said...

I'm so proud of you for making it one whole year without defaulting on your mortgage. You're a big girl now!

Mandalynn said...

I've always been a big girl.

Mandalynn said...

Mostly through the hips

Lesli Joe said...

You forgot to mention you gained two roommates! I am almost offended, but maybe you are ashamed of us.