Tuesday, May 29, 2007

SUMMER BREAK

Nine more days until summer break (Only 7 school days). Yeesss!
Summer Break - How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

  1. No trabajo, obvio. (Translation: Obviously, I don't work.)

  2. BBQs - What's not to love? Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, dips, veggie trays, and to top it off, popsicles.

  3. Swimming. Okay, let's be honest - more laying out than swimming. Imagine, laying on an over-sized towel until beads of sweat appear all over you body. Then jumping into the pool just to get out and do it all over again.

  4. Summer Fashion - I'm not a big fan of shorts (in fact, I only own one pair and they're actually my brothers) but, I do love short skirts, summer dresses, sandals, and pedicures.

  5. Two words - Road Trip.

  6. Summer Blockbusters - You know what I'm talking about; ridiculously over-budgeted movies with even more ridiculous plots. I love them!!

  7. Quintessential Americana - baseball games, parades, fireworks, camping (and when I say camping, I mean going up the canyon, roasting marshmallows, and returning home that evening).

  8. A return to my nocturnal ways. Seriously, is it normal to go to bed at 10:30 pm? NO! 3:00 am? Yes, that's more like it.

  9. It almost goes without saying, but the weather. For those who know me, you know I'm almost always cold. However, for three glorious months - June, July, & August - my teeth rarely chatter.

  10. Summer Reading. Yes, I actually get to read books that weren't written for teenagers. I know, it's almost unheard of.

5 comments:

Lesli Joe said...

You know how I feel about the heat, but these are all good reasons to love summer - except #3. I love the swimming part, but not the "beads of sweat" part. Maybe by the end of summer you will have converted me.

Samantha said...

Ahhhh, a woman after my own heart. If only I got a summer vacation from my work, too. Unfortunately, I forgot to become a teacher. :O)

Tammy said...

I love your reasons! Where are you going to Road Trip? Any ideas? Enjoy your count down to freedom!

Ruth said...

You forgot the almost annual trip to see Ruthie and fam!

Anonymous said...

Roadtrip? Faux Camping? BBQ? Sign me up!

-HR