Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Consignment Shopping

There's a fantastic consignment shop in Midvale called, Home Again. I love it. They have great things there on consignment. Anyway, today I walked in there and fell in love with these beauties:

Vintage glass windows

Same windows, different photo

Now, I usually won't buy something so impulsively. If I see something I want, but hadn't planned on buying, I usually obey the 3 day rule. What is the 3 day rule? Wait 3 days and if you still want it, get it. Well, I walked in, saw them and wanted them. I hadn't planned on buying them so I continued walking through the store. I circled the shop three times and figured that was close enough to waiting 3 days.

I LOVE them!! I think they will make a great faux headboard. I'm planning on mounting them to the wall in my guest bedroom behind the bed. Two of the glass panes are cracked, but I think that adds a little character to them. The best part . . . I got them for $40 each. I couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

guest room? Who moved?

Erin said...

Those are beautiful! Headboard is a great idea - post a pic when they are hung.