Monday, November 26, 2007

Deck the Halls

I spent part of Thanksgiving weekend putting up my Christmas Tree and other decorations. I think they look great so I wanted to post a few pictures.

The Christmas Tree.
Unfortunately, it only fits in the upstairs landing so not very many people will see it (unless they're coming up to my bedroom).


The Upstairs Landing and more of the tree.

Taken from the stairs. I love the Christmas bough and awesome ornaments.

No Fireplace so the stockings are hung on the railing with care.

Again the pine bough and awesome ornaments. If you look carefully you can see me taking the picture in the mirror.

The Living Room. I know you can't see it very well, but the large picture is of Santa Claus.

I never thought I was a very materialistic person, but I love my house and since some of my faithful readers live out of state, I thought this would be the perfect time to show more pictures of my house.

Three years ago when I first started looking for a house, I wanted to buy an older 1940s/1950s home in Midvale, Utah. The problem was I wanted a master bedroom with a large bathroom and walk-in closet. They just didn't make those in the 40s and 50s so I had to settle for my home in Riverton.

My bedroom - I love, love, love this furniture!!

The Armoire I had to get (because it matched, of course).

The master bath with the huge tub!

The closet (actually this is just half of it).

The basement (office/work out area).

The basement - decorated in college day furniture.

The only part I don't like about the house is how small the kitchen is, but since I rarely cook, it's been okay.

4 comments:

Camie said...

I think putting the tree upstairs is just a ploy to get boys into your bedroom. You are a genius.

Mandalynn said...

Was it that obvious?

Sansego said...

What's so "materialistic" about wanting to own a house? That should be a basic "right" for everyone!

If you owned several homes to jet to from season to season, then maybe I'd consider you "materialistic"...but I don't think of you as that type of person (if you were, we wouldn't get along very well as materialistic people seem to like me very much).

Tammy said...

You have a great house. I love it. Your tree is beautiful. We will have a much smaller kitchen when we move, which is a bummer but we gained a fire place so I guess it evens out! I love how you hung your stocking.