Thursday, November 29, 2007

Peace on Earth (and in Hollywood)

What kind of a world are we living in? Apparently a world where the Writers Guild of America and the Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers want to ruin my life. Because of the continued WGA strike, my favorite TV programs have been forced into re-runs and the networks have decided to shorten the TV season.

I don't think I want to live in a world where season finales occur the first week of December. That's right - season finales during December!! Last week I saw an NBC advertisement announcing that the Hero's season finale would air on December 3rd (That is if the strike continues. If it ends, they will make more episodes).

I'm hoping for a miracle. Luckily, it's the Christmas season and miracles have been know to happen.

2 comments:

Sansego said...

I actually want them to be on strike for a year. I'm planning to write a screenplay that I've been kicking around my head since 1998...so I might have a better chance to sell it if writers are on strike and they are looking for movie projects. I'm not a member of WGA, so I'm not violating anything. Those screenwriters are complaining about not getting a bigger piece of the pie...while I just want to make $50k a year writing.

Tammy said...

I agree with you, it is not making me happy to turn the tv on and it is another rerun. I hope it ends soon.