Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Couple of Thoughts . . .

I thought I'd share a couple of thoughts with each of you:
  • Tuesday I started back at work. After 10 weeks of complete laziness, I'm having a hard time fitting work into my schedule. I still want to do all the fun and lazy things I did over the summer, but it's turning out to be a bit difficult with this whole work thing.
  • Our class sizes are crazy this year. There's one teacher who has 56 students in a reading class!! As a parent, I would be livid. I was thinking, "How do you even fit 56 students into one room?" As I was thinking this, I remembered my Senior English class. There were not enough desks for every student so my friend, Shadley, and I sat on top of a small table in the back of the room. As students, we loved this. Our teacher said she would get us chairs, but she never did so we sat there for the entire year. What kind of a teacher does that?! Well, now that I think of it, her idea of Senior Literature was reading Jurassic Park and watching the movie, Hamlet. [Our principal promises that the reading class of 56 will be cut in half after our school gets approved to hire another teacher, but that won't be until after Labor Day]
  • A couple of days ago, Alina (my roommate) made delicious chicken. She breaded chicken thighs with honey mustard pretzels. It was fantastic!! She placed the honey mustard pretzels in a large Ziploc and crushed them. She then added honey and mustard to the mix to make it a little sticky. Finally she dumped the chicken thighs in the Ziploc and coated them. She cooked them in a casserole dish on 375 degrees until they were finished. Try it!!
  • For those who know her, Alina's birthday is on Monday, August 27th so send her a quick email or actually mail her a greeting card.

1 comment:

Camie said...

Working is totaly overrated. The chicken sounds delicious...again, wish I was there.