Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Two Weeks Back East - Part Two

To clarify: Yes, I was back east from July 11th - 16th. I then returned to the great state of Utah (and Wyoming for the weekend); I then flew back to the east coast. I'm still staying with The Stewarts. Here's what we've been up to during week two:

Tuesday, July 31st:
Today we went to Philadelphia. We saw Independence Hall, Benjamin Franklin's grave, etc. Of course, we also ate Philly Cheesesteaks. I've been to Philly a couple of times, but it was still good to see it again.


Wednesday, August 1st:
Today was suppose to be an All-Day PJ Day, but around noon we decided to run errands. Hence, I had to get dressed. Don't worry - I still did plenty of lazy things: finished reading the 5th Harry Potter book, watched 3 episodes of Heroes, and chilled out with the kiddos.

Thursday, August 2nd:
Today we took the kids to Hersey, PA and visited Chocolate World, headquarters for Hersey Chocolate. As soon as we walked in the door an old man walked up to us, held out a bucket of mini-Hersey bars, and asked, "Care for some medicine?" Chocolate as medicine. Yes, I knew then that I loved PA. We had delicious chocolate milkshakes and went on a ride that explained the chocolate making process. The best thing about the ride was that it contained robotic, singing cows declaring that their milk makes the chocolate "moootritious." I loved it!! That night Ruth and I had another fun girl's night. We went and saw No Reservations. We then went to Ruby Tuesday's and ordered appetizers and desserts. It made me so sick to my stomach. I vowed never again!!

Friday, August 3rd:
Today we took the kids to the free movie again. The feature was Over the Hedge. It had a very funny part where the animals were talking about what food means to humans. After over indulging ourselves the night before, I thought it was very appropriate and humorous. The vow I had made the night before didn't last long. In fact, that night we went to Red Lobster and I had a pound of crab legs. (Seriously - will begin diet when I return home). We also went to the movies again. This time a grown-up movie, The Bourne Ultimatum. Awesome. Seriously awesome!!

Saturday, August 4th:
Today we went to Lancaster. This area is mainly known as the center of the Amish community, but it also has a great outlet mall (with horse and buggy parking). We shopped and shopped. I considered this my exercise for the week.


Sunday, August 5th:
Today we went to church then came home and had lunch. Immediately after lunch, we spent the entire afternoon cooking for a dinner party. Ruth had invited two families from her ward over for dinner. I told Ruth it reminded me of an African tribal family who spends every waking moment preparing food, eating food, or cleaning up food. A diet of Lean Pockets has kept me from this lifestyle for many years (and hopefully will continue to keep me from it).

Monday, August 6th:
Today was my last full day in PA. It was a little sad. Again, we went shopping, out to eat, and watched movies. This has been one of the laziest vacations I've been on (and I've loved every minute of it). Ruth and I share a great love for horror movies so we decided to watch The Messengers. We both decided that we get more frightened than we used to. Is it the old age? If so, I must fight back - will continue watching horror movies.

Tuesday, August 7th:
Today I returned from my two weeks of fun. I loved staying with Ryan and Ruth and wanted to say, THANK YOU!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME! Wanna Play? We still need to have our Robin Hood marathon party. Can't wait to hear more of your fun, lazy stories, and I can't wait to discuss Harry Potter. I am so proud of you!
--Christi

Lesli Joe said...

I am so jealous that you got to go to Amish country. I wish you had a digital camera so that I could see all the pictures you could have taken while on your trip.

Tammy said...

Welcome Home. I have missed your posting! I am glad that you had a great trip. Though I am a bit jealous!