Thursday, September 13, 2007

US Postal Service

Yesterday as I was checking my mailbox at school, I noticed I had a letter that was marked, "Return to Sender." I recognized my handwriting and noticed that I was, in fact, the sender. Then I looked at the person it was addressed to. It gave the name of a student I had over 2 years ago; that's right, during the 2004-2005 school year. "What?!" I thought. I looked again. Sure enough, the post mark stamp read, "May 21, 2005." Now, I know everyone makes fun of the postal service, and up until this time I had no reason to join in on the jokes. I repeat . . . Up until this time.

3 comments:

T.J. said...

What if the person who actually recieved the letter just didn't return it until now? Just a thought.

The Post Office does suck though. Know why? It's a bureaucracy. Know who likes bureaus? Dem-o-crats.

Ron Paul - '08! Woo-who.

Mandalynn said...

You can't actually believe that the bureacracy of Washington D.C. has decreased in the last 7 years. It doesn't matter if a Republican or Democrat is in office, the U.S. will always have a large bureaucracy.

Tammy said...

Gotta love the snail mail system!