Anyway, when I get back I'll only have 10 and one-half days of school left. Yea!!! This makes me ecstatic. So much, in fact, that I've decided to re-publish my top ten reasons why I love summer break:
Summer Break - How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
- No trabajo, obvio. (Translation: Obviously, I don't work.)
- BBQs - What's not to love? Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, dips, veggie trays, and to top it off, popsicles.
- Swimming. Okay, let's be honest - more laying out than swimming. Imagine, laying on an over-sized towel until beads of sweat appear all over you body. Then jumping into the pool just to get out and do it all over again.
- Summer Fashion - I'm not a big fan of shorts (in fact, I only own one pair and I actually stole them from my brother) but, I do love short skirts, summer dresses, sandals, and pedicures.
- Two words - Road Trip.
- Summer Blockbusters - You know what I'm talking about; ridiculously over-budgeted movies with even more ridiculous plots. I love them!!
- Quintessential Americana - baseball games, parades, fireworks, camping (and when I say camping, I mean going up the canyon, roasting marshmallows, and returning home that evening).
- A return to my nocturnal ways. Seriously, is it normal to go to bed at 10:30 pm? NO! 3:00 am? Yes, that's more like it.
- It almost goes without saying, but the weather. For those who know me, you know I'm almost always cold. However, for three glorious months - June, July, & August - my teeth rarely chatter.
- Summer Reading. Yes, I actually get to read books that weren't written for teenagers. I know, it's almost unheard of.