Thursday, May 22, 2008

Charleston, SC - May 12th

I loved Charleston, SC. I thought my favorite place in the South would be Savannah, but it wasn't - It was Charleston. It was fabulous!! We did a lot in Charleston. During our first day, we went on a town tour with Charleston's Finest Historic Tours and we visited the Magnolia Plantation. Here are some pictures:

Me at the Charleston Visitors Center.
It's super cool because it's in an old train depot.

The Old Slave Mart - Now it's a museum.

My mom and dad down by the battery.
Check out the gorgeous, old homes behind them.

Magnolia Plantation

Me at Magnolia Plantation.

The Gardens at the Magnolia Plantation.

Me at Magnolia Plantation - Beautiful!!

1820s Slave Cabin -
All items in it are original to the cabin.

Swamp surrounding Magnolia Plantation.

Alligator!!

4 comments:

jethrojones said...

How can you come back to work for the miserable last couple weeks after going on vacation? You are amazing!

Mandalynn said...

I love the last few weeks of school. They are my favorite. I'm just glad I was gone during the week of CRT testing. But you are right - I am pretty amazing :)

Green Nerd said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time. I LOVE the pictures. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Samantha said...

Oh, my goodness! I love the south! I spent a month in Georgia on business a few years back & absolutely loved it! I have a serious love affair with anything dixie. So jealous that you were just there! :O) But glad you had such an awesome time!