Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Best Surprise Ever!!

So a couple of years ago my parents decided they wanted to build a pool in our Arizona backyard. Well, long story short, my dad got MS and they decided that it wasn't the best idea at the time. We always jokingly complain about my dad having MS (not because he's sick, but because it means no pool). Anyway, during the spring my parents secretly decided to put in a pool and not tell anyone!! Can you believe it!! Well, I went to AZ a couple of weeks ago and got the biggest surprise of my life. My parents then swore me to secrecy until they told the whole family about it. Well, now the cats out of the bag so I'm free to post evidence of the pool.

The pool before we filled it with water.

Me swimming and my dad in the cove.

Ronnie on the slide.

Ronnie, the fool.

5 comments:

Sansego said...

Way cool! That's a very awesome pool. I envy you guys! Do you need a housesitter?

Emily said...

So fun! I love the slide. My brother and wife are moving to AZ in a few weeks. I'll have to show them your pool. Totally awesome!

Green Nerd said...

So when's the pool party in AZ. It looks awesome!

Jenn J. said...

Mandy, it's Jenn! Your old roommate from long ago during our first year of college at Royal Crest. I found your blog through a mutual friend, and have been stalking you for a few weeks now. I figured it's time I come out of the blog-stalking closet. So here I am. :)
Love the blog, love how hilarious you are, and love the pool. Kudos to your parents!
P.S. I need your email and I can invite you to my blog.
P.S.S (or is it P.P.S?) Is the Anna that sometimes comments on here, THE Anna from our same apartment?? :) If so Anna, speak up!

Mandalynn said...

Jenn,
Good to hear from you. Who is our mutual friend? Anna is the Anna from our apt. She is a fellow blogger, but her blog is locked. I'll email you her address. You can email me at mandalynngeorge@gmail.com - it's not my REAL email, but it's the only one I'll post on-line. Email me and I'll give you a link for the address I actually use on a regular basis. Can't wait to hear more about what's been going on with you.