Friday, July 11, 2008

Vancouver - Biking Stanley Park

My conference ended on Friday, July 11th. Six of my fellow teachers returned to Salt Lake that evening after the conference, but I stayed with three other teachers (okay, two teachers and my principal). That night we biked Stanley Park. Although I loved the Capilano Bridge, this was my favorite thing I did while in Vancouver. Stanley Park is a 1000-acre peninsula that juts out into the Burrard Inlet. It has an excellent 10 km bike path along the coast of the peninsula. We were able to rent bikes at Spokes Bike Rental on the corner of Georgia and Denman for $13.50 - what a bargain!! Here are some pics.

Aerial Photo of Stanley Park.

Me on my rented beach cruiser.

I'm shaded in this photo,
but the Burrard Inlet from the bike path.

The Beaches looking onto the English Bay.

No comments: