Saturday, May 09, 2009

Teacher Appreciation


National Teacher Appreciation Week was this past week (May 3rd - May 9th). I love Teacher Appreciation Week. It couldn't come at a better time. By the time it comes around each year, I've started to question my career choice. But then I get flooded with appreciation and all is right in the world (at least my world) again.

On Monday the appreciation began - I showed up at work and found some nice school supplies on my desk with a message from the administration.

On Tuesday (Cinco de Mayo) we had a catered Mexican lunch and hit pinatas shaped like children. It was awesome. When you hit the pinata, it decapitated the children.

On Wednesday I showed up and found Sees Chocolate on my desk along with a nice letter from my administration. After school the students put on a car wash for the teachers and the PTSA gave us root beer floats.

On Thursday the PTSA provided us with a nice breakfast of bagels, fruit, and juice. Then the administration provided the faculty with a dessert bar during lunch.

On Friday the students made posters expressing their thanks for the teachers and the administration provided us a catered lunch from Midvale's Mining Cafe (delicious). The PTSA also gave each teacher a $25 gift certificate. Mine was to Market Street Grill. Sweet.

I love Teacher Appreciation Week!!

4 comments:

Pam said...

It's wonderful to feel appreciated, isn't it! I am sure the parents and students appreciate you all year long, they just sometimes forget to express it.

Erin said...

My favorite is the children pinatas! Maybe I could start doing that for Mothers Day!
I am sure you are a fabulous teacher - you deserve it all.

Tammy said...

Sounds like a great week. I lovet the pinatas! How fun that must have been.

Oakes said...

I guess if you don't name the pinatas with kids in your classes names its all good. Love Aunt Lu