Saturday, January 30, 2010

Did You Find Everything All Right?

Today I went to Target to get a few things, one of those things being a copy of Entertainment Weekly. I couldn't find it anywhere in the magazine section, and they had some really odd magazine selections. Anyways, I gave up and went to check out. The cashier asked, "Did you find everything all right?" And I responded as I usually do, "Yes." But then I got to thinking, that's not true so I said, "Actually, no. I was looking for a copy of the magazine, Entertainment Weekly. Do you know if you carry it?" She looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. She then started muttering, "Uh, I, Well, I'm not, Uh . . . " Finally, I just said, "Never mind. It's not a big deal."

After Target, I went to Harmons to get a few groceries. I decided to look in their magazine section to see if they happened to carry Entertainment Weekly. They did not. Again, when I went to check out, the cashier asked, "Did you find everything all right?" Again, No, but this time I'd learned my lesson and replied, "Yep, I sure did."

2 comments:

Lalis said...

A few weeks ago I got attacked by stack of frozen pizzas at Smith's! I told the cashier as soon as she greeted me with rehearsed question. I let her know I had pushed them back in but that they were sure to fall on someone else again. She was like, "okay..." I told her she should get someone to check it out. I swear she forgot the moment she scanned the next item........

Sansego said...

Hey...I do that all the time. For me, it's annoying...especially in a bookstore. If I need help, I will always ask someone...but I can't stand someone asking me for help...especially when its the same sales clerk, within minutes of previously asking me the first time. Its so shallow, its like the expect the response to be "yes".

You stumped them!

I used to subscribe to Entertainment Weekly. They keep changing it and I don't like the latest makeover. They used to have a much better section on book reviews, now its just an afterthought.