- Canceled my HBO. Definitely didn't need it. In fact, most of the time I don't even miss it.
- Canceled my gym membership. Probably did need it, but definitely don't miss it. The gym membership actually caused a lot of undue stress. I was always worried about when I was going to fit it in, now I don't need to. Plus, I have a treadmill at my house that was just collecting dust. Now it's being used (sometimes).
- Placed several of my bills on automatic withdrawal. This has been very nice especially since postage increased to 41 cents. What a rip off!!
- Cleaned my closet. When I bought my house I intended to go through all my clothes and only move the things I wanted, but I was so stressed about moving in that this didn't happen and I ended up bringing everything with me. Well, almost two years later, I decided it was time to clean. Here are a few pictures of all the stuff I got rid of:
Not only have I gotten rid of several things, but I haven't added several things. Things I've wanted but have restrained from getting:
- Internet. Would make life more convenient, but only allow myself to use internet at work (and now that work is out, at my parent's house).
- Chair in last post. I like it and it would fit perfectly in my upstairs reading area, but I'm putting it off.
- Guitar Hero. This is kind of like the internet. I know if I got it, I would waste so much time playing it. (I'd rather waste my time watching TV).
- Backyard accessories. I really wanted to plant a flower garden in my flower beds and put up a nice border separating my flower bed from my grass, but I've decided not to. I weeded the flower bed and my lawn is neatly mowed so it looks nice, just flowerless.