Friday, May 28, 2010

LOST - Things I will Miss Most

There are so many things I will miss about LOST. Here are just a few, in no particular order:

Eye Candy
  • Richard and his amazing eyes.
  • Sawyer minus his shirt.
  • Desmond with his super sweet voice.
  • Jack's all-over good looks.
Hurley's Comic Relief. He always makes me laugh. Here's a few great quotes:
  • "I mean, dogs can find pot and bombs, so I'm sure they can find water."
  • "Dudes, listen. Our lives suck. Everyone's nerves are stretched to the max. I mean, we're lost on an island, running from boars and monsters ... freakin' polar bears!...Look, all I'm saying is if we're stuck here, then just surviving's not gonna cut it. We need some kind of relief, you know? We need some way that we can ... you know, have fun. That's right, fun. Or else we're just gonna go crazy waiting for the next bad thing to happen."
  • "Until he rises from the dead! Dude, I know how this works. It ends with you and me running through the jungle, screaming and crying. He catches me first, because I'm heavy...and I get cramps."
  • "Dude, dogs eat stuff. This one time I had this jar of change and apparently the was like some smarties or something in there and the next day my dog pooped out 1.35 in nickles."
  • "Okay, that thing in the woods: maybe it's a monster, maybe, it's a - pissed-off giraffe! I don't know! The fact that no one is even looking for us, yeah, that's weird, but I just go along with it, because I'm along for the ride! Good old fun-time Hurley! Well, guess what! Now, I want some friggin' answers!"
  • "So, Rose's husband's white. Didn't see that one coming."
  • "In Empire, Luke found out Vader was his father, but instead of putting away his lightsaber and talking about it, he overreacted and got his hand cut off. I mean, they worked it out eventually, but at what cost? Another Death Star was destroyed, Boba Fett got eaten by the Sarlacc, and we got the Ewoks. It all could've been avoided if they just, you know, communicated. And let's face it, the Ewoks sucked, dude." (This is from one of my all-time favorite episodes, "Some Like it Hoth.)
Sawyer's Nicknames. One of my favorite episodes is "Tricia Tanaka is Dead." Sawyer uses a ton of nicknames in that episode. Watch it!! Here are a few of my other favs from the entire series:
  • The Artist Formerly Known as Henry Gale (Ben)
  • Kenny Rogers (Lapidus)
  • Dr. Quinn (Jack)
  • Magellan (Kate)
  • International House of Pancakes (Hurley)
But most of all, I am going to miss the excitement, theories, and anticipation of it all. It has been a thrilling six years and I'm sad to see it come to an end. I will miss it all very, very much.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Couldn't help but laugh out loud all of the Hurley quotes and Sawyer nicknames. Love it! I'm going to miss it too.