Sunday, May 02, 2010

Then He Said the Magic Words

Today I asked Zack my standard Sunday question, "What did you learn at church today?"

He gave me his standard Sunday answer, "Um, I don't remember."

I did a little prodding, "Was it about Jesus?"

"Oh yeah," he responded. "There were a lot of waves and they were getting into the boat."

"Was Jesus there?" I asked.

"Yes," he replied. "He was a sleep in the boat, but he woke up and then he said the magic words and it stopped and was all quiet."

I burst out laughing and asked, "What were the magic words? Abracadabra?"

"No," he said, in all seriousness. "Peace, be quiet."

What a sweet boy!! Not quite right, but pretty close. Mark 4:35-39

2 comments:

Tammy said...

He is such a funny kid! I love reading stories about him!

Oakes said...

Those are magic words for a lot of things. Most of the time he makes me laugh out loud but that was just special. Aunt Lu