Saturday, November 04, 2006

Election Series - Part II

The following are all quotes by Dan Quayle:

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and a child."

"We have been pushing the idea that George Bush is going to make things much, much worse."

When explaining the difference between the House and the Senate: "There are lots more people in the House [compared with the Senate]. I don't know exactly - I've never counted, but at least a couple of hundred."

"Hawaii is a unique state. It is a small state. It is a state that is by itself. It is a - it is different than other states. Well, all states are different, but it's got a particularly unique situation."

When remarking on the 1989 San Francisco earthquake: "The loss of life will be irreplaceable."

When discussing the possibility of living on Mars: "Mars is essentially in the same orbit. Mars is somewhat the same distance from the sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind - or not to have a mind. How true that is."

"I stand by all the misstatements."

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"One word sums up the responsibility of any vice president. And that word is 'to be prepared.'"

"Unfortunately, the people of Louisiana are not racists."

"My friends, no matter how rough the road may be, we can and we will never, never surrender to what is right."

"I was a less-than-serious student in college. If I had it to do over again, I would be far more serious. I did play a lot of golf. But I don't think that's any reflection on my ability to lead this nation."

"I support efforts to limit the terms of members of Congress, expecially members of the House and members of the Senate."

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy. But that could change."

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."

No comments: