Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Series - Part IV

The following quotes are from Marion Barry (former mayor of Washington, D.C.)

"Outside the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."

"First, it was not a strip bar; it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl."

"I am a great mayor. I am an upstanding Christian man. I am an intelligent man. I am a deeply educated man. I am a humble man."

"What right does Congress have to go around making laws just because they deem it necessary?"

"The laws in this city are clearly racist. All laws are racist. The law of gravity is racist."

"I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where's Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis, no less."

"People have criticized me because my security detail is larger than the President's. But you must ask yourself: Are there more people who want to kill me than who want to kill the President? I can assure you there are."

No comments: