Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving


For my Dad's birthday I shared several memorable stories about him (see King Ron Turns 50). One of them was about the song his sings every Thanksgiving morning. I thought I'd share it with you. As you read the lyrics, please try to visualize Ronnie struting around our family's home singing it at the top of his lungs.


There's a big fat turkey down on Grandpa's farm
Who thinks he's very gay.
He spreads his tail into a great big fan
And struts around all day.

You should hear him gobble at the girls and boys,
He thinks he's singing when he makes that noise.
He'll sing his song another way
Upon Thanksgiving Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, sing this song every Thanksgiving. I am 60 and remember the first line to be:
There's a big, fat turkey on Grandfather's farm.
He thinks he very gay.
All the rest is the same. My mother taught it to me and I do not know where it came from.
Nice memories.