Monday, November 20, 2006

Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous

This weekend I headed up to Park City for a girls' weekend at the Hotel Park City. My friend, Shelli, had arranged with her friend, Kayla, for us to stay there for free. This was possible because Kayla is one of the managers for the hotel. Kayla went out of her way and booked the penthouse for us (a room that normally goes for $3,000 a night - No, that's not a typo, $3,000 a night). And when I say room, I mean living room, kitchen, dining area, 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, laundry room, and balcony. It was fabulous!!

When we entered the penthouse, the beds had been turned down, chocolates were on the pillows, and rose petals were strewn across the sheets. Rose petals also adorned the bathroom vanities, and the toilets. Yes, the toilets. When I lifted the toilet seat to go to the bathroom, rose petals were floating in the toilet bowl. I hated to ruin it, but I really had to pee. Also on the beds were nice, fluffy robes with the hotel logo and next to the beds were slippers.

Well, we put on our bathing suits, dawned the robes, slipped on the slippers, and headed down to the spa. As we entered the spa, vanities lined one side of the hallway, while rows upon rows of towels lined the other. There were several doors that led to our spa options. These included the dry sauna, the eucalyptus steam room, and the jacuzzi. I loved every minute of it!! I think I could get use to this lifestyle very easily. Here are just a few of the pictures we took while we were there. Enjoy - I know I sure did.

Me entering one of the bathrooms

To my surprise, I found rose petals in the toilet

Lesli and me outside The Penthouse, heading for the spa

4 comments:

Mandalynn said...

I had more photos to post, but blogspot is having difficulties uploading images. I'll try to post them later.

Camie said...

#1. You are a rockstar.
#2. I do not doubt you really had to pee when you got to the hotel.

Mandalynn said...

Obviously. I have the bladder of a two-year old. When people are asked to sum me up in a few words, that's usually what they say - Has bladder of two-year old.

Mandalynn said...

Plus, I forgot to add that The Penthouse has hosted many famous people, including Courtney Cox - that's right, Monica from Friends! Now, we've practically slept together (in the same bed, that is).