Monday, November 06, 2006

Election Series - Part III


To be fair I thought I'd better publish the best quotes from The Stupidest Things Democrats ever Said. As I was reading it, I realized that Marion Barry is the Democratic Party's Dan Quayle. Because of this, he will have his own post. Enjoy!!

"The first black president will be a politician who is black."
- Doug Wilder (Virginia governor, 1989-1993)

If I could be the condom queen and get every young person in the United States who is engaging in sex to use a condom, I would wear a crown on my head with a condom on it."
- Jocelyn Elders (surgeon general, 1993-1994)

"I am not indecisive. Am I indecisive?"
- Jim Scheibel (St. Paul mayor, 1990-1993)

"This is the worst disaster in California since I was elected."
- Pat Brown (California governor, 1959-1966)

"Old people have a duty to die and get out of the way."
- Richard Lamm (Colorado governor, 1975-1987)

"I say get 'em by the balls and their hearts and minds will follow."
- Mendel Rivers (South Carolina representative, 1941-1970), discussing how to win over foreign nations.

"There are no issues. My opponent has a job and I want it. That's what this election is about."
- William Bulow (South Dakota governor, 1927-1931)

"No sane person in the country likes the war in Vietnam, and neither does President Johnson."
- Hubert Humphrey (vice president, 1965-1969)

No comments: