Thursday, February 07, 2008

American Born Chinese


I just finished reading American Born Chinese, a graphic novel by Gene Luen Yang. Although I had never read a graphic novel (nor was I planning on doing so), I had to because it was assigned in my adolescent literature class. The novel contains three different stories that cleverly weave together in the end. It contained a lot of humor and had an important message about accepting who you are and overcoming the desire to fit in. I highly recommend it!!

To read more about American Born Chinese or Yang's other books, click HERE.

One of my favorite pages.

1 comment:

Sansego said...

Thank you for mentioning this book. I've never heard of it but I'm definitely interested (as one who teachers and other kids thought I came from a place like China when I was in elementary school). I'll have to go out and buy a copy...though I'm not big on graphic novels (however, I wish they had these when I was a teenager...I would've read more).