Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Super Tuesday

Random Thoughts about Super Tuesday:
  • I am a political junkie. I switched back and forth between the major networks viewing minute by minute up-dates. I don't know what this says about me, but I don't think it's positive.
  • I received one of the funniest voicemails ever from my father after he voted. It went something like this: "Well, I did it. I voted for the first African-American who has a chance at the White House. I guess I'm officially a Democrat. I don't know how I feel about this - a little wierd . . . and tingly."
  • I voted for the same candidate as both of my parents - I don't think this has ever happened. Apparently, the Georges are a united front this year.
  • California sucks. It seems so unfair that one state has so much say and sway.
  • Obama won more states, but Clinton won bigger states. Again, bigger states suck.
  • Romney received 90% of Utah's Republican vote. I am not a Romney fan. He and I have few beliefs (political) in common. In one survey I took, Zero Percent (0%) of our beliefs (again, political) matched.
  • Super Tuesday and Fat Tuesday landed on the same day this year. Just kind of funny.

5 comments:

Sansego said...

Wow...that your dad, a former Bush voter, has voted in the Democratic primary says a lot about him. I hope he's not the only Bush voter to switch allegiances. Obama seems to inspire that kind of fence jumping. I don't think Hillary does.

Camie said...

I loved watching the results, it was so fun. I don't know what is wrong with me. But I'm totally jealous you got to vote on super tuesday.

Sansego said...

California so does not suck! Watch your mouth or I'll sick the Governator on you!

megan said...

Mandy,
I thought that in order to vote in the democratic primaries you had to be a registered democrat - am I totally wrong on this, or is your dad now a registered democrat?

Mandalynn said...

Each state does it a little differently. In the state of Utah you can vote for a Democrat without being registered.