Monday, February 25, 2008

The Ultimate Fruit Loop

Because I have not been around many young children (at least since I was one), I may not have the best perspective, but I think Zack is one of the funniest kids around. Here are a few reasons why:

  • I like to call him Fruit Loop, but he's not too fond of it. In fact, he's not to fond of any nicknames. Whenever I call him something beside his actual name, he replies, "I not _______, I'm Zack." This made for an interesting Halloween. To read more about that incident, click HERE.

  • Me and the Fruit Loop

  • About a month ago I was given the task of setting up a train track that my mom had bought for Zack. This track had a lot of pieces and it was a bear (another replacement curse word - it will make more sense if you keep reading) to put together. After 30 minutes of fighting with this track, I was close to finishing it, with the exception of a few pieces. I could not figure out what to do with these pieces so I said, "What the hell?" Zack looked at me and repeated, "Yea, what the hell?" I love that he wants to be like me.

    Victory: The completed train track.
  • Because of situations like the previous one, I've started to use the word "yikes" as a replacement for curse words. While we were in Disneyland something happened and I said, "Yikes." About 20 minutes later, when something similar happened, Zack looked up to me and said, "Mandy, say yikes." He's very perceptive.
  • Because we were out of town on my birthday, Jeanine told Zack that we would go out to dinner at a place that had cake. When we went to the restaurant, Zack walked up to our hostess and asked, "Do you have cake?" The hostess laughed and said, "Yes, we have cake. Tell them it's your birthday and they'll give it to you for free." Zack replied, "But it's Mandy's birthday."

1 comment:

Green Nerd said...

Kids say the darndest things. Thanks for sharing these precious moments. I enjoyed the smiles it brought to face. Maybe one day I will be inspired and write some of these memorable moments on my own blog....if I ever get around to doing it.