Friday, February 08, 2008

The First Official Celebration

So, I haven't blogged much about it, but my birthday is coming up. I love my birthdays, but because this one's a BIG one (30), I've been a little reluctant to write about it. It's not because I'm not looking forward to my birthday - I am. I'm still really excited, but I'm afraid that when it actually gets here, I might freak out. Regardless of the possibility that I might freak out, I have begun the celebrations. Wednesday night I went out with a bunch of my girl friends. Here are a few pics of our dinner celebration:

Christi, Aly, & Kari

Ali, Shelli (with Audra's baby), & Me

Kari & Audra

In other birthday news, this year I requested a pirate themed birthday party. Lesli (with my help) made these invitations for it. I think they are fabulous.

5 comments:

Hobbs Family said...

Happy almost birthday Mandy! I hope you have a great time.
p.s Your invitations look incredible! My boys loved it :-) Is that a candle seal you used?

Mandalynn said...

It's a wax seal. The stamp has my initials on it. I got if for Christmas years ago (like 15 years ago).

Camie said...

I am really upset right now. I really want to come to your pirate party. Why do you have to live in UT? It's so far away. Yes, I'm assuming I would be invited if I lived closer. Have a great birthday!!!

Sansego said...

I love that invitation. It's hilarious! Especially the "Arrr S.V.P."! Very clever. I too wish I could be invited to celebrate with you!

Tammy said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! Have a great time at your party!