Friday, February 16, 2007

If You're Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands

I've been ridiculously happy lately - So happy I'm on the verge of being giddy. There's no major reason why, but here are some things that have contributed to my happiness:
  1. Yesterday I booked a vacation to visit two of my most favorite people in the world (Ruth & Ryan Stewart). I will be staying with them from July 24 - Aug 7 (two whole weeks!!) We plan on going to NYC and the Hershey Factory in Pennsylvania.
  2. My flight to visit them only cost me $10. That's right, $10. (Plus 25,000 frequent flyer miles).
  3. I had my taxes done on Monday and I'm getting back a whopping $3500!! Yes!!
  4. I took the day off on Monday so I only had to work 4 days this week.
  5. I only have to work 4 days next week because of President's Day.
  6. Alina sent me a hilarious YouTube email. To see it, click HERE. (It is a little naughty).

4 comments:

Camie said...

#1a. You will also be visiting me on your trip to NYC and PA!

Sansego said...

I'm wondering when I can break out of the $500 income tax return amount. I'm so envious of people who get that much back. What I would do with that money!!! A trip to Australia would be tempting, but on the other hand, so would paying off a few credit cards. You are so lucky!!!

Nicholas

Mandalynn said...

Camie - I figured you would be visiting me in PA, but either way it will make me happy. You are also one of my most favorite people.

Nicholas - This is the first year I'm getting a sizable refund and it's only because I paid $12,000 interest on my home mortgage. I would like to use the money to play, but I'm putting it all on my mortgage (so I won't have to continue to pay so much in interest.)

Ruth said...

Woo Hoo! I think Evan and I will make a chain counting the days until Aunt Mandy comes to visit us! We can't wait! Plus, as teachers Ryan and I have been getting a ton of money back for years and love love love it!