Thursday, February 15, 2007

Kids Say the Darnedest Things, Part II


So after my last post, another funny moment came to mind. This did not occur in my classroom, but in our school's technology lab. I often go visit the tech lab during my conference period to talk to the tech teacher, Sheradee. The tech lab is full of craziness. Students work in groups on different projects. These projects range from making powerpoints using the computers to making movies using the video equipment to constructing different models using the connects and magnets sets.

When I walked in I saw a group of three students over by the connects/magnet area. One boy was diligently trying to construct some kind of structure using the long connects pieces and round metallic balls. A second boy was goofing around - taking the first boy's pieces. The last student was an angelic, studious 7th grade girl. She sat next to the two boys absorbed by the text she was reading. Anyway, the first boy had finally had it with the second boy stealing his pieces so he looked up and shouted, "Stop grabbing my balls!!" The sweet angelic girl slightly glanced up from her text, raised her eyebrows, and in a valleyesque voice replied, "Sick."

It was hilarious.

No comments: