Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Advent Blog - December 22nd

Advent comes from the Latin word Adventus which means coming. The time of Advent celebrates the coming of Christ's birth as well as His Second Coming. Advent technically starts the 4th Sunday before Christmas, but Advent Calendars tend to start on December 1st. As soon as the Christmas decorations started appearing in stores, I started looking for a new Advent Calendar. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one I liked. That was until I went to my cousin Aimee's house. She had the coolest Advent Calendar. I told her how much I liked it and she said I could have it as my Christmas present. I protested, but she insisted. She said she had made it, along with several others for Christmas gifts. I love it. I went home and immediately hung it up.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

this is awesome. I need to find out where she had it made! It is awesome!