Saturday, December 05, 2009

Advent Blog - December 5th

This is my 5th Christmas in my house. I didn't put up a Christmas tree during my first two years so I didn't get my first official Christmas tree until 2007. That year my Great Aunt Olive and Great Uncle Martin donated their old Christmas tree to me. I was so excited. My grandfather and I went to their house to pick it up. After we had picked it up, my grandpa said he had something he wanted to give me. He gave me a box that contained three different Christmas ornaments. This post is about the first ornament. Tomorrow I will write about the other two. This is the first ornament he gave me:


He told me that it was from the set that my grandma and he had when they were first married. I love it. That year I placed it in a prominent place on my Christmas tree. When my parents came to see my tree that year my dad noticed the ornament and said it looked just like the ornaments he had on his tree when he was a little kid. He couldn't believe it when I told him it was one of the ornaments that hung from his family's tree when he was a child. I love this ornament. It will always have a place at the top of my tree.

1 comment:

Dalton Family said...

That is so sweet that your Grandpa gave that to you. You must be his favorite! Hey I love the advent blogs great idea!