Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Best of 2006

As the year 2006 came to a close, I saw a lot of "Best of 2006" lists. I thought I'd make one of my own to share with each of you.

  • Best Purchases:
    • Water Softener
    • TiVo (DVR)
    • New Washer & Dryer


  • Best Vacations: Because I now have a mortgage payment (okay, 2 mortgage payments) I haven't been able to go on a lot of big vacations, but 2006 was still filled with some fun smaller trips.

    • Las Vegas Birthday Celebration


    • Disneyland with the fam. (I know we are all adults, but we still love Disneyland).









                    • Arizona Road Trip


                  • Best New Singles Ward: I was really nervous to move into a new singles ward, but I loved being a part of the River Hills Ward in 2006.
                    • Working in the Relief Society Presidency with some of the coolest girls I've meet in a long time.
                    • Attending Wednesday's Dinner Group and Institute.
                    • River Rafting in Wyoming.
                    • Tricking everyone into thinking I'm really cool so they all want to be my friends. It's almost like The Best Keep Secret, Part II (only a few of my select friends will know what that one means).

                  • Best Parties:
                    • Fondue Party (I thought I had pictures of this, but I can't find them).
                    • The Office Party. For more click HERE and HERE.
                    • The Mocktail Party - even though I didn't host this party, it was fantastic!!












                  • Best of Midvale Middle School:
                    • In June I finished my 6th year at MMS. It was the best year teaching I've ever had (and unfortunately probably ever will)!!
                    • Participating in and WINNING Jordan School District's Amazing Race.
                    • Teaching Summer School and attending kick ass fieldtrips including Timpanogos Cave, Kennecott Copper Mine, Clark Planetarium and Lagoon. For more information on this awesome experience click HERE.
                    • In September I started my 7th year at MMS. It is not the best year I've ever had, but it is the easiest. I'm actually keeping my contract hours instead of working 1-2 unpaid extra hours a day.
                    • Starting my Reading Endorsement program and having all expenses paid by Jordan School District. Yes, I only have until 2009 then I'll be finished. (I figured by the time I finish this program, I'll have been taking college courses for 11 years!! 4 years for my undergraduate, 2 years for my special ed. endorsement/license, 2 years for my masters, and 3 years for my reading endorsement. CRAZY!!)

                  • Best Miscellaneous:
                    • Getting new roommates, Alina and Lesli. (Or as I refer to them A-line-a and Les-a-lee).
                    • Paying off my Pier One and RC Willey accounts. I had bought a lot of furniture when I moved into my new house: table, chairs, sofa, leather chair, mattress, refrigerator, etc. It was so nice to have it paid off (but then I bought my washer and dryer so this moment was short lived).
                    • Park City Get-Away. For more info, click HERE.

                  5 comments:

                  Elsa Sequeira said...

                  Hello!!
                  I'm vissite you from Portugal!!!
                  Have a very good new year!!!

                  :))

                  Camie said...

                  The best kept secret part II huh? That's interesting...I'll have to check it out for myself. The mocktail party sounds fun, I'm stealing it...what did you do?

                  Lesli Joe said...

                  I am glad to hear that I am one of the best of 2006, because if I wasn't then it would hurt my feelings. We did meet in January of 2006 - great year for me as well, meeting you.

                  mary said...

                  What?!? You went on a road trip to the hot hot heat of the AZ and didn't tell me? I am shocked and appalled! You better make it up to me in 07! I miss your face.

                  mary said...

                  PS
                  Now that I am the new cheer captial for activities in my ward will you email me and tell me more about the amazing race, the mocktail party, and the fondu. Girls just want to have fun (especially since there is a 2.5 to 1 girl to guy ratio in our ward).