Sunday, April 13, 2008

Down South

So next month I'm going to the Southern U.S. It's the only region in the U.S. that I haven't visited. I'm really excited. I'm actually going for a friend's (Mike's) wedding, but since I'm down there, I'm going to do some traveling. Here's a tentative itinerary (subject to change based on money and time). If you've visited any of these places, let me know what you thought.

Saturday, May 10th: Travel Day
  • Fly into Birmingham, AL

Sunday, May 11th: Another Travel Day
  • Drive to Charleston, SC

Monday, May 12th: Charleston, SC



Tuesday, May 13th: Charleston, SC



Wednesday, May 14th: Savannah, GA



Thursday, May 15th: Macon, GA; Andersonville, GA


  • Drive to Macon, GA
  • Drive to Andersonville, GA

Friday, May 16th: Andersonville, GA; Gadsden, AL



Saturday, May 17th: Gadsden, AL


  • The BIG Day - Mike & Jesanna's Wedding

Sunday, May 18th: Birmingham, AL
  • Mike & Jesanna's Reception

Monday, May 19th: Travel Day
  • Say "Good-Bye" to the Good Ol' South
  • Fly home to SLC, UT

4 comments:

Camie said...

You are going to L-O-V-E it. I've only ever been to Savannah and I almost didn't come hom.

Sansego said...

I've been to Charleston and it was pretty cool. Andersonville is the other place I've been and that POW museum is a must see! It gives you the whole "POW experience" as you walk through the museum (it doesn't just cover the Civil War, but WWII and the Vietnam War as well).

I'm excited for you to see the South. It'll probably be hot and humid, so crank up that a/c!

Shawn said...

Mandy,

I've been to Charleston. I went on a 'ghost tour' through spooky cemeteries and civil war prisons and it was pretty cool. Check it out!

Mike said...

Hey Shawn,

What are the odds that you're going to be visiting the South again this May? Just wondering if we should expect you.

Mike