Thursday, April 03, 2008

Movie Quote Trivia

Last weekend my friends and I were playing a game where we had to think up funny movie quotes, and then on Monday for alternative FHE we had "Nacho Night" where we ate nachoes and watched Nacho Libre. Because of that, I've been thinking about some of my favorite comedies and the funny quotes from each of them.

So I thought I'd host a little trivia game. Can you figure out my top 12 favorite comedies based on a few quotes? I'm sure you can because most of them are pretty common, but give it a try. Also, I'd love to hear what some of your favorite movies and quotes are.

WARNING: Some quotes contain profanity.
Movie #1:

  1. . . . that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
  2. I can't believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up "money laundering" in a dictionary.
  3. Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
Movie #2:

  1. That was a pre-emptive "sh!" Now, I have a whole bag of "sh!" with your name on it.
  2. It's Dr. Evil, I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "mister," thank you very much.
  3. I hate you! I hate you! I wish I was never artificially created in a lab!

Movie #3:

  1. They think I don't know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do!
  2. Well, my favorite color is light tan. My favorite animal is puppies. I like serving the Lord. Hiking, playing volleyball.
  3. But my life is good! Really good! I get to wake up every morning, at 5AM, and make some soup! It's the best. I love it. I get to lay in a bed, all by myself, all of my life! That's fantastic!

Movie #4:

  1. I'm late for a jean folding seminar. Let's locomote!
  2. Welcome to the world of the emotionally mature.
  3. He will turn this place into a den of slack
  4. Oh, PFLAG. I’m beginning to like the sound of that.

Movie #5:

  1. Mer-man! Mer-man!
  2. A eugoogalizor, one who speaks at funerals. Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?
  3. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident.

Movie #6:

  1. If I saw myself dressed like that, I'd have to kick my own ass.
  2. That's your HOME! Are you too good for your home?
  3. You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?

Movie #7:

  1. Your brain has a thick candy shell.
  2. My fellow nerds and I will retire to the nerdery with our calculators.
  3. Brothers don't shake hands. Brothers gotta hug.
  4. Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid?

Movie #8:

  1. Math is a wonderful thing. Math is a really cool thing. So get off your ath. Let's do some math.
  2. OK, Ms DumBum ain't your teacher today, I am, and I have a headache and the runs. So I say, time for recess!
  3. God of Rock, thank you for this chance to kick ass. We are your humble servants. Please give us the power to blow people's minds with our high voltage rock. In your name we pray, Amen.
  4. When I get up there and start doing my thing, people worship me! Because I'm sexy, and chubby.

Movie #9:

  1. It's just skin, Steven.
  2. There was this guy, he looked Asian... and he was speaking another language, I'm pretty sure it was... Asian.
  3. Down, down, down. Red knight goin' down.
  4. My thanks to you, fair wench.

Movie #10:

  1. I went to rock and roll heaven, and I wasn't on the guest list.
  2. I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you.
  3. I tried to kill myself with a Lady Bic. A pink plastic razor with daisies on it and a moisturizing strip.
  4. The fat man walks alone.

Movie #11:

  1. I am the king of the echo people!
  2. My cat can eat a whole watermelon.
  3. I'm stuck in the middle of the desert with an asswipe and a frozen cat.

Movie #12:

  1. I'm standing where my, uh, living room was and it's not here because my house is gone and it's an Ultimart! You can never go home again, Dr. Oatman... but I guess you can shop there.
  2. I was sitting there alone on prom night, in a goddamn rented tuxedo, and my whole life flashed before my eyes. And I realized finally, and for the first time, that I wanted to kill somebody. So I figured since I loved you so much, it'd be a good idea if I didn't see you anymore.
  3. Whoa, whoa, whoa, Chatty Cathy! Clip yer string.

7 comments:

Sansego said...

Dang, those are some hilarious quotes! But I only recognize one movie: the second Austin Powers movie. I'm afraid to think we don't have the same taste in films because I suspect that there are some Jack Black quotes up there and I can't stand him!

One of my recent fave quotes is from "The Break-Up" when he says: "I did not get my ass kicked, okay? There's a difference between getting your ass kicked and a singing dancing sprite fool you with his trickery..."

Clever movie quotes are always cool. My sister and I have a special sibling lingo in which we quote lines from the movie "Congo" and "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" to crack each other up.

Lesli Joe said...

Do we even live together? I think one of them is School of Rock - #8

As to the rest, I have no clue. Are they in our house at this moment?

Who are you?

Mandalynn said...

Nicholas,
I really think you'd like number 12. It is really funny with witty dialog. Stay tuned for the answer key so you can check it out.

Camie said...

1-Office Space, 2-Austin Powers, The Spy Who Shagged Me, 4-Reality Bites, 5-Zoolander, 6-Big Daddy, 7-Tommy Boy, 8-School of Rock, 9-Cable Guy. I know of seen some of the others but I just can't place them. Fun Game!

Mandalynn said...

Camie, You must love TV as much as I do.

Camie said...

We spend a lot of time watching movies together in the late 90's!

T.J. said...

#3 - Nachooooooo! ...libre.
#10 - Empire Records
#11 - Ruben and Ed
#12 - Gross Pointe Blank

Great choices Mandy. Does it surprise you that I knew all of these?